I recently purchased an HTC Touch 3G. I love the phone in general. But there are two little things that annoy me: 1) The StarHub icon in the home page covers the display of the date, and 2) The soft key of the home page is “StarHub TV”, which I never use.
So I wanted to remove the StarHub icon and change the soft key to Contacts. Here is what I did.
- Connect the phone using ActiveSync.
- Open the Remote Registry Editor tool shipped with Visual Studio 2008.
- Navigate to the key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home.
- Change the value of the CustomerIcon key from “\Windows\80×18.png” to empty.
- Change the value of the SK1 key from “StarHub TV” to “Contacts”.
- Change the value of the “SK1 Cmd” key from “http://mobiletv.starhubgee.com.sg” to “\Windows\Start Menu\Contacts.lnk”.
- Soft reset the phone. And you will have the StarHub icon removed and the “StarHub TV” soft key replaced with “Contacts”.